1. Merona (Target), $19.99. 2. Kling (Yoox), $47. 3. Aldo Shoes, $40. 4. ASOS, $38. 5. Guess, $49. 6. Simply Vera Wang (Kohls), $49.99. 7. Keds, $45. 8. ASOS, $42.
Inspired by my recent trip to Disney, as promised, here are the most fabulous flats I've found, UNDER $50! Each shoe on my list was selected for its relevance to current trends, but also, because they're on the higher end of the style scale. Let's face it, there are a lot of ugly flat shoes out there, shoes that are only appropriate in the event that you give up on life. No girl should sacrifice style in the name of comfort. So, if you're in the market for a pair of flats, here are some frump-free types to be on the look out for:
- Pointy toe flats: Thank the fashion gods these are in! If you're going to do a ballet flat, this au courant solution will elongate your legs and add instant elegance.
- Metallic lace-ups: Anything menswear inspired is always better (and prettier) when it's blingy!
- Printed canvas sneakers: Keds is doing beautiful things these days. Not only is their affordable selection varied in color and pattern, they've also teamed up with fashion giants Kate Spade & Opening Ceremony for some pretty adorable collaborations.
- Slippers & loafers: These preppy classics will never go out of style and lend unparalleled polish to sportswear. Sweater tied over shoulders and James Spader, optional. Pennies & tassels? Yes, please!
- Boat shoes: Definitely do the sweater tied over your shoulders with these! Picture it: A day on the boat with said sweater over a sexy bandeau, fitted bermudas, aviators, and a pair of oh-so nautical-chic boat shoes. Wet hair slicked back. Glossy lips and sun-kissed skin. I die. (Come to think of it, I need to shoot this ASAP!)
- Ankle strap sandals: The trend shows no sign of slowing down. And why should it? The more your foot shows, the thinner your leg looks. This one's a no brainer. And also super chic with said bermudas (I've been obsessed since I saw the look at 3.1 Phillip Lim).
Do you have a pair of chic & comfy go-to flats? Please share and inspire us!